We are company number 08281862 registered in England & Wales.
In the context of the law and this document, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Townsend Auction Galleries Ltd.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all of our customers and visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org.
We utilise two third party services for online bidding: the-saleroom.com and bidonthis.co.uk. If you choose to use either of these services to please read their respective Privacy Policies at www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/about-us/legal/privacy-policy/ and www.bidonthis.co.uk/about/privacy-notice/
Except as set out below, we do not share, sell or disclose to a third party, any information we collect.
What information we collect and process
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our website, including our mailing list. Our mailing list sign-up form details how your information will be used and requires your consent before any information is collected. We will use the information provided to send marketing emails informing you on services and events. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at email@example.com or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
- Information you give to us needed to carry out our obligations of any contract between you and us, including when you agree to our terms and conditions for buying and selling with us. This may include contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address. We may use this information to provide you with services, verify your identity or provide you with suggestions and advice on products and services. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
- Information obtained from third parties, such as online bidding platforms. This may include any information needed to either fulfil a contract, fulfil a legal obligation or allow us to provide a service to you.
- When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
- If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
- If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
- We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
Retention period for personal data
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Access to your own personal information
At any time, you may review, update or delete personally identifiable information that we hold about you by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
It is possible we may be prevented from fulfilling the request due to legal obligations.
How to lodge a complaint
If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.